Bonneville School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Food Service •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 11M ago
About this job
CHILD NUTRITION KITCHEN SERVER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work on short notice.
2. Ability to work with staff, students and the public.
3. Physically able to perform assigned duties.
4. Such alternative qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
To ensure an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and friendliness in which students are served nutritious and attractive meals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in serving of food in accordance with the instructions of the Kitchen Manager.
2. Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen according to the guidelines established by District Seven Health Department, U.S.D.A. and the Child Nutrition Supervisor.
3. Cleans up cooking/serving areas and utensil storage areas along with major cleaning as scheduled by the Kitchen Manager.
4. Follows posted cleaning job schedules.
5. Maintains a good working relationship with parents, students, teachers and principal(s) on all aspects of Child Nutrition.
6. Is alert and ready to perform all other duties assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
7. Reports immediately to the Kitchen Manager any problem or accident occurring in the kitchen or the cafeteria premises.
8. Maintains high stands of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee, and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the persons to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said School District rules, regulations and policies.
This position is on-call, as needed, on a day-to-day basis. Salary to be determined by the Child Nutrition Personnel Salary Schedule as adopted by the Board of Trustees.
No formal evaluation, as this is a substitute position only.
Physical Demand/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can on occasions be loud.
Reviewed ________ Revised
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individual are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-512 Governance of Schools
I.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
A copy of this job description will be placed in the employee’s personnel file.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Bonneville School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.