Elevate Academy •Southwest / Boise •Food Service •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
Elevate Academy is seeking Kitchen Cooks
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
• Obtain at least 4 to 6 hours of annual continuing education/training depending on work hours.
• Participate in the preparation and serving of food in accordance with the instructions of the Kitchen Manager.
• Have or develop skills to prepare all menu items on individual serving lines as assigned.
• Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen according to the guidelines established by District Seven Health Department, U.S.D.A., and the Child Nutrition Supervisor.
• Use proper procedures with receiving and storage of groceries and kitchen supplies. All deliveries must be checked in, properly stored in the storage area; helps rotate, organize and utilize all supplies.
• Report to the Kitchen Manager any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
• Assist in the daily cleaning and sanitation of kitchen, equipment, dishes, and utensils.
• Maintain high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate, receive, and accept instruction.
Communicate effectively with other employees, creating productivity and satisfaction in the workplace.
• Comply with the Child Nutrition Dress Code Policy
• Have regular and predictable attendance.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Previous experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to present information and respond to questions from administrators, teachers, students, parents, and secretaries. Ability to communicate using correct grammar. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form. Prefer that applicant is proficient in English and Spanish.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Elevate Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.