Glenns Ferry School District •South Central / Twin Falls •Food Service •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 7/30/2021•Posted 2D ago
About this job
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in the total operation of the cafeteria program.
Demonstrated ability to accomplish the major duties and responsibilities listed below
Ability to lift 35 pounds
Knowledge of food handling and sanitation regulations or willing to undergo on- the-job training and attend food service related classes as available
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform such school-related duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
2. Assist in the preparation and serving of food in a quick and pleasant manner.
3. Perform all duties in compliance with sanitation and food handling regulations.
4. Operate a variety of equipment including grinder, mixer, oven, range, dishwasher, steam kettle, slicer, etc.
5. Prepare lunchroom and serving area. Set up tables, chairs, garbage containers, trays, napkins, utensils, food, etc.
6. Attend relevant training classes to insure current knowledge of food service regulations and methods.
7. Serve food and supervise student helps in a helpful, instructional manner.
8. Assume responsibility for the security of foods and supplies.
9. Clean lunchroom and serving area.
10. Perform all duties in compliance with sanitation and food handling regulations.
11. Follow instructions including portion control, maintaining food temperatures and completing production reports.
12. Prepare and complete daily production reports.
13. Produce quality food products and follow standardized recipes closely.
14. Assist in the daily cleanup of the kitchen and service areas.
15. Assist in the major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms at regularly scheduled intervals as requested.
16. When tasks are completed, check with the kitchen manager for instructions to help others. Team players are essential in all successful operations.
17. Attend relevant training classes and workshops in order to maintain food service knowledge as requested.
18. Participate in all promotions, theme days, etc. which are designed to improve kitchen/student relationships and increase participation.
19. Perform other food service responsibilities within the kitchen as assigned.
20. Graciously observe the rules of the school and principal.
21. Know and follow district policy and chain of command.
22. Deal with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive, encouraging manner.
23. Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will.” The employment period and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as the employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the person to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s) and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations, and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said District’s rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee at the building principal’s office, the high school library, and the district-wide administration office.
Contact the Glenns Ferry School District #192, 800 Old Highway 30, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623 or call/email Tess Mitchell at (208) 366-7436, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website www.glennsferryschools.org to request an application.
High School Diploma
work effectively with staff and students
starting wage $10.00 7 hours per day
personal and sick leave
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Glenns Ferry School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.