Bonneville School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Food Service •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 11M ago
About this job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Work experience in a similar food service setting and/or demonstrate an aptitude for the work to be performed, and/or have been a substitute cook.
3. Personality conducive to positive public relations work with students, staff, administrators and patrons.
4. Physically able to perform assigned duties.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
To serve the students and staff nutritious and attractive meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and warmth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtain at least 4 to 6 hours of annual continuing education/training depending on work hours.
2. Participate in the preparation and serving of food in accordance with the instructions of the Kitchen Manager.
3. Have or develop skills to prepare all menu items on individual serving lines as assigned.
4. Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen according to the guidelines established by District Seven Health Department, U.S.D.A. and the Child Nutrition Supervisor.
5. Use proper procedures with receiving and storage of groceries and kitchen supplies. All deliveries must be checked in, properly stored in storage area; helps rotate, organize and utilize all supplies.
6. Maintain a good working relationship with parents, students, teachers and principal(s) in all aspects of school child nutrition.
7. Have or develop computer skills to operate computer software that is in use in each kitchen.
8. Operate serving line terminal with accuracy regarding reimbursable meals and money collected as assigned.
9. Report to the Kitchen Manager any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
10. Assist in the daily cleaning and sanitation of kitchen, equipment, dishes and utensils.
11. Maintain high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
12. Maintain a healthy atmosphere with all fellow employees.
13. Ability to communicate, receive, and accept instruction.
14. Communicate effectively with other employees, creating productivity and satisfaction in the workplace.
15. Comply with the Child Nutrition Dress Code Policy
16. Have regular and predictable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee, and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the persons to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said School District rules, regulations and policies.
This position will be 3.5, 5.0, or 6.0 hours per day; up to 174 days per year. Work hours to be established by the Child Nutrition Supervisor. Salary placement to be determined by the Child Nutrition Salary Schedule, as adopted by the Board of Trustees. All terms of employment may be subject to change, as recommended by administrative staff or as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy.
Physical Demand/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position; move about as needed; use, prepare, place, set up, remove/replace, and collect items; communicate, convey, discuss, and exchange information. The employee is frequently required to distinguish or determine flavors. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to move inventory up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Reviewed ________ Revised: 08/15
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individual are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-512 Governance of Schools
I.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Bonneville School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.