K-12 Technology/STEM Teacher
Richard McKenna Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Technology •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Richard McKenna Public Charter High School, located in Mountain Home, Idaho, is seeking a full-time K-12 Technology Teacher and/or STEM teacher. The program is designed to provide hands-on, project-based learning opportunities for students to deepen their experiences within the subject matter.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and interests:
• Hold a valid Idaho Educator license for Technology Education. Richard McKenna will also consider individuals certified in Science, Math, Engineering or Computer Science.
• Willing and dedicated to creating a top-notch Technology/STEM program
• Dedication to providing a safe, respectful, and welcoming learning environment for students.
• Commitment to the success of ALL students and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the student population being served and how demographic variables impact student achievement, and effectively uses this knowledge to design and delivery instruction.
• The ability to effectively engage students in goal-setting and reflecting on their learning.
• Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in Technology/STEM content and pedagogy.
• Ability to develop and integrate project-based learning and to target rigorous learning and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge and/or experience using “backwards design” for lesson development, differentiated instruction to support all students, and formative assessment to provide student feedback and to adjust lesson delivery.
• Ability to be the first-line of trouble shooting and repairs for all technology issues.
• Excellent teaching, organization, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills.
• Effectively integrates transferable skills into the learning environment.
• Commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of content and pedagogical knowledge and professional practice
No experience required
Communication, Computer Skills, people skills
Health, Dental Vision Insurance available
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Richard McKenna Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.