Intern Building Administrator
Elevate Academy •Southwest / Boise •Administrator •Secondary •Full Time •Apply no later than 9/6/2024•Posted 14D ago
About this job
Intern Building Administrator
Reports to: Lead Building Administrator
Salary: Negotiated between Employee, Lead Building Administrator and Board of Directors
Position is responsible for assisting the school Lead Building Administrator in the planning, organization, administration, and management of Elevate Academy. Position assists with supervising staff, creating a safe environment, monitoring curriculum, budget development, and other duties associated with the successful operation Elevate Academy. Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinates and supervises the daily operation of the school’s attendance program, security functions, transportation, in-school suspension, detention operations, and the health clinic and works in cooperation with central office administrators/supervisors who have division-wide responsibility for these operations.
2. Assists in establishing the school’s student discipline plan and the school’s plan for ensuring a safe and orderly environment.
3. Administers the student discipline program at the assigned school.
4. Assists the Lead Building Administrator in ensuring that the school’s policies and procedures related to student discipline referrals and discipline action plans meet state, federal, and division requirements.
5. Supervises and coordinates the preparation of student discipline review documents as required by School Board policy.
6. Conferences with parents/guardians of students concerning discipline, attendance, and student behavior.
7. Conferences with students referred for discipline, administers disciplinary action as necessary, and notifies parents/guardians of action taken.
8. Consults with student services personnel to find long term solutions to inappropriate student behavior.
9. Provides staff development for the instructional staff and other assigned personnel regarding school security, classroom management, effective discipline strategies, and conferencing techniques.
10. Supervises the daily activities of personnel in the attendance, security, transportation, and health clinic operations at the assigned school.
11. Assists the Lead Building Administrator in establishing and sustaining relationships with the business community and other youth serving organizations to foster understanding and solicit support for students and their families.
12. Monitors halls, school grounds, and pupil movement to ensure a safe and orderly environment at the assigned school.
13. Attends and supervises after-school, evening, and weekend school sponsored events and activities as assigned.
14. Articulates and supports school safety initiatives to the faculty and school community.
15. Seeks ways to develop and sustain a climate of mutual respect between and among the students and adults who participate in the school.
16. Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
17. Extensive knowledge of and experience with curriculum development and developmentally based educational programs.
18. Monitor and analyze student performance data and prepare reports.
19. Supervise day-to-day operations of the school.
20. Communications Management
21. Outreach and marketing for the purposes of maintaining enrollment and development.
22. Stays informed of developments and research pertaining to safe and orderly schools.
23. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
• Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
• Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
Participate in appropriate professional activities.
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
•To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
•The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Idaho State certification in Administration K-12 Principal.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
• Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
• Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
• Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Elevate Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.