ITCA (Online School) Part-Time CTE Pharmacy Tech Instructor
Idaho Technical Career Academy •Southwest / Boise •Career Technical Education •Secondary •Part Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
HIGH SCHOOL Part Time ONLINE INSTRUCTOR
When you join the team at Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA you join a team of dedicated professionals working all over the state in a virtual environment to ensure the success of our families and students who are using the K12 curriculum to meet their educational needs and goals, grades 9-12. We are committed to our mission statement of providing Idaho students with an excellent education, grounded in high academic standards, which will help them achieve their full academic and social potential.
The core philosophy of the Idaho Technical Career Academy is that all young people can achieve academic excellence if they are provided rigorous instruction, high standards, informed guidance, and individual attention. Although we use the computer as a learning tool, we believe that education is primarily a human endeavor that relies on caring individuals, involved parents, and committed teachers.
We are excited that you are considering joining the ITCA staff, and we present this job description to you in an effort to communicate openly and honestly about the requirements and benefits of being on the ITCA team.
The Idaho Technical Career Academy which opened its virtual doors for the first time in the fall of 2014, is a virtual career technical education charter school. It is designed to provide an occupational sequence of instruction that will prepare Idaho students to obtain the necessary technical skills needed to succeed. The essential design elements of the school are:
• Provide academic core curriculum aligned to state standards
• Provide a sequence of instruction in career-technical pathways
• A pathway is defined as a three year sequence of focused coursework in a particular career cluster
• All students will be continually enrolled in career technical coursework
• Each student will be placed with an advisory teacher
• The School will attempt to foster industry involvement
• Managing up to 175 online students
• Directing the academic opportunities of every student in your class
• Managing and pacing one or more courses
• Engaging students in online coursework
• Monitoring and analyzing students efforts
Responding to student emails and phone messages within 24 hours (1 school day
• Grading assignments, exams, and projects within 3 school days from the time that they are submitted
• Preparing for and hosting Blackboard (web-conferencing) presentations for students in each class
• Hold online office hours multiple days each week
• Evaluating student performance on assignments and providing instructional feedback regarding student performance
• Supplementing, enriching, and remediating where necessary
• Communicating clearly and frequently with students and parents (via email, phone, course announcements, and Blackboard sessions)
• Working as a team with the rest of the high school staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Have at least three years of high school classroom teaching experience and high school certification
• Meet Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status in subject area
• Possess excellent written communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Maintain command of theoretical knowledge of human behavior and learning including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques
• Proficient in using email, managing files, recording and reporting grades electronically, and using computer applications including word processors and spreadsheets
• Highly organized, yet willing to be flexible as the ITCA high school program changes as it grows
• Willing to work with students and parents from a variety of socioeconomic and educational backgrounds
• REPORTS TO THE HEAD OF SCHOOL.
Interested and qualified persons should email their resume, a letter of introduction & a copy of their Idaho Educational Credential to:
Mike Groshong, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
minimum of a bachelor
Prefer 3-4 years of experience teaching Pharmacy Tech courses.
Must be fully familiar & competent in all Microsoft Office Products.
Position is a part-time position (.49 contract) so it comes with no benefits. Pay is based on the school's pay scale and the state career ladder.