Human Resources Assistant
Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Business/Finance •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 26D ago
About this job
TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: HR Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Works on-site according to designated schedule
Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the Human Resources Department.
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree in related field preferred. Prior successful experience performing duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Must possess exceptional organizational, problem solving, and computer application skills, along with excellent communication skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to work as part of a high functioning team. Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Performs various administrative duties, including answering multiple line phones, responding to email, scheduling appointments and meetings (in person and virtual), communicating with staff and applicants, and maintaining digital and hard copy records and files.
* Maintains a positive attitude and style that contributes to the overall public relations of the district.
* Provides timely support to the HR Department for tasks including, but not limited to: meeting supports; development and/or photocopying/scanning of records and other documents; preparation of packets/presentations; communications with staff; and answering questions from staff and prospective employees regarding, but not limited to: salary, benefits, and general HR questions.
* Demonstrates excellent communication, listening, personal presentation and problem-solving skills.
* Maintains accurate records and the office record keeping system for department correspondence and records.
* Maintains confidentiality of staff information and confidential records.
* Maintains office supplies by monitoring inventory and ordering items appropriately.
* Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail and department communication via email, fax, and scan.
* Responds to inquiries and communicates information to staff and the public in a positive and proficient manner.
* Performs data entry and complex clerical duties; creates reports and spreadsheets in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, etc.
* Assists other District Office staff as directed or necessary.
* Assists HR with the fingerprinting and criminal background check process and verbal verifications of employment.
* Performs other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Skill in organization, problem solving, and computer application along with attention to details and flexibility. Skill in excellent communication, listening, and personal presentation. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations with employees of the District and their families. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed primarily indoors, though the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, crawl, balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$22.70/hr - $34.04/hr DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.