High School Science Teacher for Online School
Idaho Virtual Academy •Online / Remote •Science: General •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
6-12 Teacher Job Description
When you join the team at the Idaho Virtual Academy (IDVA), you join a team of dedicated professionals working all over the state in a virtual environment to ensure the success of our families and students who are using the Stride curriculum to meet their education needs. We are committed to our mission and vision statements.
The core philosophy of the Idaho Virtual Academy is that all young people can achieve academic excellence if they are provided rigorous instruction, high standards, informed guidance, and individual attention. Although we use the computer as a learning tool, we believe that education is primarily a human endeavor that relies on caring individuals, involved parents, and committed teachers.
We are excited that you are considering joining the Idaho Virtual Academy staff, and we present this job description to you to communicate openly and honestly about the requirements and benefits of being on the IDVA team.
• IDVA Mission: Building a community of engaged learners.
• IDVA Vision: Empowering every student to learn at high levels.
• IDVA Goal: One year of academic growth for all students.
6-12 SCHOOL TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
• Full-time position
• Commit to supporting IDVA’s school mission and vision
• Align all work and commit to our Stride Playbook and Academic Excellence Framework
• Commit to a positive school culture
• Commit to teamwork and collaboration – Professional Learning Community
• Positive attitude and focused on finding solutions
• Engage in opportunities to learn and grow as an educator (trainings, professional development, instructional coaching, conferences, workshops, etc.)
• Develop positive relationships with parents/Learning Coaches, students and IDVA staff members
• Develop lessons and conduct weekly student classes designed to improve academic performance in web-based classroom in assigned subject area.
• Analyze data to identify student academic strengths and weaknesses
• Actively participate on all IEP/504 team meetings and implement student accommodations
• Prepare students for all local and state testing
• Communicate academic performance to students and parents/Learning Coaches, work together to set individual academic goals, and follow through to ensure students reach their goals
• Provide support to students and Learning Coaches via the online classroom, phone, and email
• Collect, review, provide feedback on, and grade assignments in a timely manner
• Document student information in database
• Proactively track student academic progress and school attendance
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Stride curriculum and Idaho State Content Standards for assigned subjects and grade levels and ensure all Idaho State Content Standards are taught
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge and practice of IDVA/Stride policies and procedures
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of basic computer skills and software
• Support students and parents/Learning Coaches with school set-up and logistics questions including basic computer set-up, navigation, and troubleshooting
• Respond in a timely manner, no longer than 24 business hours, to student, parent/Learning Coach and IDVA staff inquiries via phone and/or e-mail during the regular work week
• Assist with various projects throughout the year with colleagues and administration, as needed
• Proctor local and state testing (this might mean traveling away from your home base depending on testing needs)
• Participate in school events
• Employees working at home are expected to minimize interruptions and maintain professionalism in terms of job responsibilities. The same current high standards of productivity and outcome of work products expected of employees working in an office environment are to be maintained by employees working in a telecommuting arrangement.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be an Idaho resident and live within the borders of the State of Idaho.
• Current Idaho teaching certificate with the proper endorsements.
• Flexible and understanding of change
• Strong content and subject-matter knowledge
• An ability to effectively and positively support and guide adults, as well as students
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organization and time-management skills
• Shared view of the school's mission and vision as demonstrated in your practice and your interactions with stakeholders including community members
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and experience using them in a professional capacity
• Keep regular office hours and be readily available during those hours. The job will also require flexibility in schedule to accommodate frequent travel out of the home office for testing, outings, professional development, and student assistance.
• 3+ years of teaching experience
• Multiple Certifications
• Experience working with the proposed age groups
• Knowledge of alternative public-school environments, including charter schools
• Track record of being able to work with diverse student populations
• An understanding of virtual schooling
• Special education training and experience (as enrollment dictates)
• Experience using Internet search engines
• Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
• An ability and willingness to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
• An ability to support adults with basic computer set-up and navigation
Interested and qualified candidates should email his/her resume, Idaho educational credential and a letter of introduction to: Mike Groshong, HR Manager at: email@example.com
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Our school is committed to diversity and inclusion.
See job description
see job description
see job description
full health, dental & vision benefits
PERSI retirement plan
Paid time off for major holidays and breaks
Sick and personal leave
use of laptop and cell phone
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Virtual Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.