High School Business/Economics Teacher
North Star Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Business/Finance •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 8M ago
About this job
POSITION: High School Business/Economics Teacher
FTE: Full Time
Hire Date: 2023-2024 School Year
Job Title: Business and Economics Teacher
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced teacher to join our team as a Business and Economics Teacher at North Star Charter High School. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching business and economics courses at the introductory college level, as well as preparing and delivering engaging and effective lessons that will help our students succeed academically and in their future careers.
• Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons that will provide students with a strong foundation in business and economics, including topics such as accounting, finance, marketing, management, and micro and macroeconomics.
• Use a variety of teaching methods and materials to ensure that students are able to learn and understand the concepts presented in the curriculum.
• Assess student progress, provide regular feedback, and encourage students to take ownership of their learning and achieve their academic goals.
• Foster a positive learning environment that supports the needs of all students, including those with diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
• Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to develop and implement strategies to improve student outcomes and create a positive school culture.
• Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of business and economics, including changes in laws, regulations, and best practices, and incorporate these into the curriculum.
• Provide guidance and support to students interested in pursuing careers in business and economics.
• Bachelor's degree or higher (MBA) in Business, Economics, and/or Secondary Education.
• Preferred experience teaching business and economics courses at the high school or college level or applicable field experience.
• Ability to create engaging lesson plans and deliver effective instruction to students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in the field of business and economics.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers and staff members.
• Passion for teaching and a commitment to helping students succeed.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Please fill out Certified Application available at https://www.northstarcharter.org/employment-opportunities/ and send to contact listed below.
CONTACT: Andy Horning, Head of School email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
North Star Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.