Help Desk Technician
Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Technology •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 14D ago
About this job
TITLE: Help Desk Technician
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Technology Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours per day, 260 days per year.
Under the general supervision of the Technology Director, the Help Desk Technician will assist in providing support and management of all District information and telecommunication systems. They will establish a help desk and build a culture of remote support.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Completed coursework in computer repair/programming and/or experience in computer service (hardware and software maintenance, repair and support). MCSE, A+ Certification, networking, and other technical certificates preferred. Prior successful experience performing duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Must possess exceptional organizational, problem solving, and computer application skills, along with excellent communication skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to work as part of a high functioning team. Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred. Valid driver's license to travel between district school buildings required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Provide first tier telephone support and remote assistance to school district staff
* Primary support and repair of student devices.
* Diagnose system issues by asking appropriate questions and entering requests in the service desk system.
* Escalate service requests to appropriate second tier support technicians and monitor progress.
* Follow up with customers to ensure effective and timely resolution.
* Primary support for ordering, receiving and delivery of equipment.
* Maintains an accurate inventory of all systems.
* Responsible for wiring, to include network ports and projectors
* Performs routine computer services, data entry and student information system support.
* Creates and maintains documentation of common system processes
* Maintains and update Technology Department web pages
* Maintains various staff and student accounts including email, staff directory, phone directory, Active Directory and online curriculum systems
* Trains staff on basic login methods and common technology procedures
* Responsible for all computer, peripherals and cardboard recycling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations with employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking, and 15% standing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.