Head Cross Country Coach (Middle & High School)
Aberdeen School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Coaching •Secondary •Temporary / Seasonal •Posted 5M ago
About this job
TITLE: Head Coach (Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Track, Soccer, Golf)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School Diploma
2. Training or experience in this area
3. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
4. Demonstrate positive public relations with community and youth
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Administration and Board find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal and Athletic Director
PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENT: Aberdeen School District sponsors a variety of extra-curricular activities for the purpose of providing a wholesome setting for students to be involved in activities which promote positive character traits, opportunities for individual and group participation, and opportunities to explore interests and improve talents.
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership, coordination, and innovation in assigned extra curricular areas, so that each student may derive maximum benefit from the continuing pursuit of the area involved
1. Teaching fundamentals of the sport so the student will develop an understanding of the rules, plays, safety, strategies & techniques of play, and sportsmanship.
2. Scheduling all practices, transportation and games along with the Athletic Director.
3. Purchasing, inventorying, and maintaining all equipment, uniforms, and supplies relating to the coaching assignment with approval of the Principal and Athletic Director.
4. Supervising and directing assistant coaches and volunteers.
5. Monitoring and enforcing eligibility rules as well as rules of conduct.
6. Working with the principal to balance the activity budget.
7. Works with news media and local press
8. Willing to meet informally with interested community members
9. Abiding by related school board policies
10. Serving as a congruent role model including maintaining personal composure, avoidance of substance abuse, swearing, and other behaviors which would not reflect well upon the students, one's self, or the school.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: A contract will be issued by the school district listing the activity and the contract amount. An extra-curricular stipend will not be paid unless first contracted.
REMUNERATION: Respective salaries are outlined in the extra-curricular salary schedule. Payment will be made to contracted teachers who serve as assistant coach either by dividing the salary amount into twelve equal payments or as a lump sum at the end of the season. Should a head coach voluntarily resign, remuneration will be based upon the percentage of the season that is completed (number of completed games). In the case of dismissal during the contract period, the contract will be honored unless dismissal is the result of item(s) listed under grounds for revocation of certificates listed in the Idaho Certification Standards.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the District, in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Placement on the Extra Curricular Salary Schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Aberdeen School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.