Fulltime Special Education Teacher -online
Idaho Virtual Academy •Online / Remote •Special Education •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 11/30/2023•Posted 25D ago
About this job
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
, informed guidance, and individual attention. Although we use the computer as a learning tool, we believe that education is primarily a human endeavor that relies on caring individuals, involved parents, and committed teachers.
We are excited that you are considering joining the IDVA staff, and we present this job description to you in an effort to communicate openly and honestly about the requirements and benefits of being on the IDVA team.
• Full-time position
• Commit to supporting IDVA’s school mission and vision
• Commit to a positive school culture
Commit to teamwork and collab
When you join the team at IDVA, you join a team of dedicated professionals working all over the state in a virtual environment to ensure the success of our families and students who are using the K12 curriculum to meet their educational needs and goals, grades K-12. We are committed to our mission statement of providing Idaho students with an excellent education, grounded in high academic standards, which will help them achieve their full academic and social potential.
• The core philosophy of the Idaho Virtual Academy is that all young people can achieve academic excellence if they are provided rigorous instruction, high standards oration-Professional Learning Community
• Positive attitude and focused on finding solutions
• Engage in opportunities to learn and grow as an educator (i.e., training, professional development, instructional coaching, conferences, workshops, etc.).
• Develop positive relationships with parents/Learning Coaches, students, and IDVA staff members
• Provide special education services either face to face or virtually to students in any grade K-12
• Demonstrate knowledge of specialized methodology for teaching students with disabilities
• Demonstrate knowledge of specialized curriculum
• Demonstrate knowledge of Assistive Technologies
• Facilitate IEP Teams for students with special needs
• Write and implement student IEP’s and related documents
• Compile and maintain special education compliance files
• Conduct assessments as needed for special education eligibility determinations
• Monitor and report progress toward IEP goals and objectives
• Maintain accurate records and facilitate related services for students with special needs
• Complete all activities required for compliance with IDEA
• Submit required reports and documentation to the administration
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of IDVA/Stride policies and procedures
• Respond promptly, no longer than 24 business hours, to student, parent/learning coach, and IDVA staff inquiries via phone and/or e-mail during the regular workweek
• Develop positive relationships with learning coaches, students, and IDVA staff members
• Alert administrators of any concerns about student progress and/or truancy
• Work with the administration to prepare students for standardized tests
• Proactively work with the general education team to track student academic progress and school attendance
• Effectively work at home alone and out of the home to implement all of the IDVA teacher's daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks
• Participate in staff conference calls during the school year
• Participate in school events both online and face-to-face
• Proctor site-based standardized testing (this might mean traveling away from your home base depending on testing needs)
• Occasional travel as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be an Idaho resident and live within the borders of the State of Idaho
• Strong knowledge of IDEA requirements
• Idaho state teaching certification, Exceptional Child
• An ability to effectively support and guide adults, as well as students
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organization and time-management skills
• Shared view of the school's mission as demonstrated in your practice and your interactions with stakeholders including community members
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and experience using them in a professional capacity
• Keep regular office hours and be readily available during those hours. The job will also require flexibility in schedule to accommodate travel out of the home office for testing, outings, professional development, and student assistance
• Experience working with the proposed age groups
• 3+ years of teaching experience
• Knowledge of alternative public school environments, including charter schools
• An understanding of virtual schooling
• The ability and willingness to learn innovative technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
• Experience using a student information system and/or other types of databases
• Ability to speak and write fluently in a second language (preferably Spanish)
• A basic understanding of critical research pertaining to student achievement, online learning, and research-based instructional strategies
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a home- based position
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Compensation includes a competitive salary. The school will only consider top candidates with relevant experience and a proven track record. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume & copy of their Idaho Education Credential to Mike Groshong, HR Manager at: email@example.com.
See job description above.
See job description above.
See job description above
* competitive salary
*Health, dental & vision benefits
*Paid time off
*use of laptop, printer.
*work remotely - from home office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Virtual Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.