FT Agriculture Science & Technology
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Agriculture •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 10D ago
About this job
1. This position will teach courses at American Falls High School and William Thomas Middle
2. Possess the ability to effectively teach content related to the following area:
Agricultural Mechanics & Power Systems
Animal Science (introductory courses)
Ornamental Horticulture (introductory courses)
Any specialties and skills relevant to a diverse program curriculum are welcome.
3. Possess the ability to serve as an FFA Advisor; including the abilities to successfully train students for various Career and Leadership Development Events, progressive Supervised Agriculture Experiences, effectively train chapter officers, participate in community service events, be a member of the Ag Advisory Committee, and other chapter activities.
4. Create and maintain a classroom environment built on respect and a growth mindset that fosters
student motivation and learning.
5. The applicant must be highly motivated themselves and be willing to work with three other exceptional teaching partners in maintaining an exemplary program that typifies the very best of the three-circle model in Agricultural Education.
6. Shared responsibilities within the program also include:
- A 12-acre Land Lab which is member operated and supervised by local industry partners and
- A 40’ X 60’ Greenhouse which is member operated and supervised by the instructor(s).
- A quarter acre community flower garden and eight 4’x8’ raised vegetable garden beds where
program members partner with citizens to produce these various crops for personal consumption and use.
- A 12’x16’ Chicken Coop which is operated by the animal science classes and supervised by the
- A 40’ X 40’ Barn and stalls for small livestock and student SAEs (building in progress as of 2023)
- Partial virtual tour available at: https://www.americanfallsffa.org/about-us/facilities
We are an agricultural community first and foremost. We have a diverse demographic and have earned success with all manner of students. Our average enrollment from 9th to 12th grade is 480. The current unduplicated enrollment in the program is 357 with an affiliated FFA Chapter. Our student body is highly motivated to achieve academic success and many choose to translate that into success within the program and the FFA. The program receives exceptionally strong support from the entire community and the FFA Chapter works hard to reciprocate. Visit us online at https://www.americanfallsffa.org/home
Certification in Agriculture Science & Technology
Endorsements in Biological Science and/or Economics would be welcome
B.A. or B.S. Degree
Available upon Request