FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Moscow School District •North Central / Lewiston •Maintenance •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 17D ago
About this job
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
HOURS: 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
SALARY: $20.11 - $22.16/hour
Duties include but are not limited to: maintenance of boiler systems including mechanical and control, forced air HVAC systems and control, electrical work, plumbing, metal working, and indoor air quality. Installs/repairs equipment and building components; responds to emergency situations, transports tools and equipment to job site, attends training, assists other personnel and/or contractors to complete projects efficiently, inspects facilities to identify potential repairs and provide preventative maintenance, repair. May work in all weather conditions and within confined spaces. Involves heavy lifting, bending, stooping, shoveling, and climbing ladders.
1. Good knowledge of and experience in building maintenance repair; using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, and electrical work; reading blueprints and schematics.
2. Position requires a valid, standard driver’s license.
3. Significant physical abilities include walking/standing for prolonged periods, lifting & carrying up to ninety (90) pounds, pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching, reaching/handling/fingering/feeling, talking/hearing conversations and other sounds, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/field of vision, exposure to temperature changes/weather conditions/mechanical and electrical hazards/dust.
4. Ability to: adhere to safe work practices; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; work cooperatively with others; adjust to flexible work assignments; work efficiently with minimal supervision; work under time constraints; interact with persons of different age groups and cultural/educational backgrounds; and meet deadlines and schedules.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE PREFERRED:
1. Must demonstrate knowledge of and experience working with boiler systems. Understanding of both the mechanical and control systems.
2. Experience working with pneumatic controls especially valuable.
3. Working knowledge of forced air HVAC systems and their control.
Benefited position. Benefit information is available online at www.msd281.org, on the Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Moscow School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.