IDAHO ARTS CHARTER SCHOOL •Southwest / Boise •Director/Coordinator/Manager •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 7M ago
About this job
Idaho Arts Charter School (IACS) was envisioned by a committed group of founding parents in 2003 because of a
need for high quality college preparatory offerings with a focus on the arts. The vision of the IACS founders was to
create a school that was highly engaging for students, using the arts as the conduit for that engagement. At the
time many schools were cutting arts programs and the founders were among a group of concerned parents. They
wanted to design a school where the arts would be in the forefront, giving students a space to create and explore
their personal talents. Our mission statement is “Engaged learning through the Arts” and we continue to expand on
this every year.
IACS opened in 2005, serving 450 students across grades K-10, growing into a K-12 school. Every year since IACS has
maintained a robust waitlist. Families in the Nampa community and surrounding area want an alternative to
traditional public school.
In order to meet this need, IACS has expanded several times and currently serves 1,240 students across grades K-12
on two campuses. Over the next few years the growth will continue to a maximum of 1560 students.
As the Executive Director, you are the face, and leader, both internally and externally of the organization. You are
responsible for the overall health of the organization. This includes academic, operational and growth metrics,
along with student achievement in both the Arts and non Arts. While there is no such thing as a “typical day”, some
of your largest roles and responsibilities can be found below:
● Liaison to the Board of Trustees
● Supervision and evaluation of administrators, counselors, instructional coaches, nurses, classified staff and
food service personnel
● Recruiting and hiring excellent Teachers and Leaders for all Schools
● Oversight of curriculum purchases
● Oversight of training and coaching
● Work with the CFO on school budget/finances
● Oversight of all Arts programs
● Responsible for all school and non school based hiring
● Marketing and development
● Grant writing
● Liaison to the District and State Departments of Education
● Experience as a K-12 Principal/Superintendent
● Charter School Principal experience preferred
● Passion, zest and love of the Arts
● Certified (or willing to seek certification) in Idaho
How to Apply
● Interested candidates should submit their resume to Pamela Bookbinder Clarke at
email@example.com. All candidates will be responded to within one week.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
IDAHO ARTS CHARTER SCHOOL is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.