English Teacher (2 Positions)
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •English & Language Arts •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 26D ago
About this job
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is accepting applications for the following anticipated certified positions for the 2021-2022 School Year:
• Secondary English Teacher (2 positions)
All applicants must qualify to hold an Idaho Certificate or hold comparable out-of-state certification which can be endorsed in Idaho for the position(s). Experience preferred.
The District offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with years of experience and education:
Medical and Vision Insurance - 100% employee, 50% dependents
Dental Insurance - 100% employee, 50% dependents
$20,000 Life Insurance - 100%
$2,500 Dependents Life Insurance - 100%
Sick Leave - 10 days per year, unlimited accumulation
Personal Leave - two days per year, ten days accumulation
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Employment will begin with the 2022/2022 school year and is contingent upon Board approval. Salary will be based on education and experience with placement on the certified salary schedule. APPLICATION PROCESS: Preliminary screening will be accomplished on the basis of complete District application, letter of interest, and recommendations. Finalist(s) will be invited for a personal interview. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply: Immediately Closing Date: When filled Starting Date: August 2021.
1. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, and journalism to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
4. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interest and maturity levels of pupils; maintains required inventory records.
5. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
6. Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature.
7. Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
8. Evaluates each pupils progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
10. Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff embers in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Works with pupils and other classroom teachers in such activities as preparing material for the school newspaper or yearbook, assisting with PTA programs, or coordinating entries in essay contests.
14. Administers or monitors group tests.
15. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
17. Maintains professional competence through in-services education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
18. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.