English Language Learner Teacher
Idaho Falls School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •ELL / ESL / SEI / TESOL •Primary •Full Time •Posted 20D ago
About this job
TITLE: 23-24 English Language Learner Teacher at Ethel Boyes Elementary School
- Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (verbal and written language) preferred.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
- To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement as tested with the Idaho Standards Achievement Test.
- Identify English learner needs and provide instruction appropriate to those needs in collaboration with classroom teacher(s).
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons for assigned classes in collaboration with co-teaching partners.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate to the co-teaching assignment.
- Analyze and interpret student data to develop and modify instructional activities in collaboration with classroom teacher(s).
- In collaboration with the building administration, coordinate EL progress monitoring, record keeping and assessment.
- Maintain professional relationships and collaboration efforts with co-teaching partner(s).
- Collaborate with general education teachers to ensure implementation of appropriate supports to English learners.
- Facilitate translation and interpreting services for non-English speaking students and families, except as related to Special Education.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for classroom paraprofessionals and/or volunteers.
- When absent, provides the substitute with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program of the teacher.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher, the Idaho Code of Ethics, and the negotiated contract.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.