Elementary Teacher (2021-22)
Mosaics Public Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Classroom Teacher •Primary •Full Time •Posted 7M ago
About this job
MOSAICS Public School is looking for talented educators with the skills, passion and commitment to help us build STEAM programs from the ground level. The ideal candidate will have expertise in project-based learning and/or science instruction, a playful and professional attitude, and strong classroom management skills. This position will involve a mix of teaching, collaboration, and project development. Educators who love learning and teaching about science, who design authentic projects for student learning, and who desire integrate content areas are highly encouraged to apply.
**MOSAICS Kindergarten Teachers demonstrate the following aptitudes:**
**Focusing on Teaching and Learning:**
* Engages students to create rigor: Connects student work to the world outside the classroom through meaningful projects that incorporate community service, “voice and choice,” and public presentations of learning
* Personalizes learning: Effectively teaches to the diversity of students in the classroom
* Is a conscientious, innovative, and reflective practitioner: Meticulously plans and aligns all lessons, activities, and assessments and delivers high quality learning opportunities. Reflects on what works, uses data to make choices and seeks support when needed
* Works smart: Acts with urgency, is responsive to change, and has the courage to speak up
**Focusing on Classroom and School Culture:**
* Develops appropriate relationships with students: Knows, sees and values students and creates a classroom atmosphere based on mutual respect for 2 year looping cycles (K-1, 2-3, 4-5). Incorporates and teaches restorative practices.
* Works well with parents: Encourages parent participation, finds the nugget of truth in all communication and responds promptly to parents’ questions with excellent writing, speaking, and communication skills. Organizes, directs, and supervises volunteers.
* Collaborates with colleagues: Is a presence in the community, is solution-oriented and participates with an open mind
* Knows it all matters: Remains accountable for actions and inactions because it all matters to student
**Your responsibilities will include:**
* Crafting and delivering engaging effective lessons
* Contributing to the design of new curriculum
* Designing and administering rigorous, standards-based assessments and using assessment data to refine curriculum and instruction
* Helping to create a culture of order, structure, humanity, and academic rigor in the classroom and school as a whole
* Frequent communication with students’ families
* Collaborating with other teachers, other school staff, and administrators to ensure that all our students achieve their full potential
**Desired Experience, Skills and Mindsets**
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
* Idaho or Out-of-State Teaching Credential
* Excited to work in a start-up school with the flexibility to wear many hats as our organization continues to evolve
* Open to feedback and dedicated to growing and improving your craft as an educator
* Strong initiative and desire to take ownership of the role and the work responsibilities described above
* At least 2-3 years of teaching experience (leading hands-on activities in a classroom, after school program, day camp, etc.) with elementary age students
* Familiarity with project-based learning (preferred, though not required)
* Familiarity with foundational engineering concepts (preferred, though not required)
* English Language Learner (ELL) Certification
* The ability to manage multiple student projects and personalities
Salary: Educators will earn between $40,750 and $57,500 depending on experience, education, and certification.
Applications are available at www.mosaicsps.org. Please send your completed application, cover letter, and resume to the email address listed on the application.
Pay: $40,750.00 - $57,500.00 per year
**All persons entering the school are required to wear masks. We have installed air purifiers in our HVAC system to kill any airborne bacteria. Sanitizer is available throughout the building.
Idaho Teaching Certificate or Ability to Obtain One
9 days of sick leave
2 days of personal leave
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Mosaics Public Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.