St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Elementary •Full Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is accepting applications for the following anticipated certified positions for the 2021-2022 School Year:
• Elementary Teacher
All applicants must qualify to hold an Idaho Certificate or hold comparable out-of-state certification which can be endorsed in Idaho for the position(s). Experience preferred.
The District offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with years of experience and education:
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Employment will begin with the 2021/2022 school year and is contingent upon Board approval. Salary will be based on education and experience with placement on the certified salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Preliminary screening will be accomplished on the basis of complete District application, letter of interest, and recommendations. Finalist(s) will be invited for a personal interview.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply: Immediately
Closing Date: When filled
Starting Date: August 2021
1. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and Administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
2. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and
administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional
learning atmosphere in the classroom.
5. Insures that each pupil under their supervision receives in reading, language arts, social
studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music according to curriculum guides adopted by the Board of Education, and/or the State Board of Education.
6. Evaluates student class work, projects and assignments through teacher prepared evaluation instruments.
7. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils sole health, attitude, and learning problems.
9. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
10. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
12. Participates in selection of books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory
records, books, supplies and equipment.
13. Evaluates and recommends curriculum changes as perceived.
14. In cooperation with fellow teachers, develops curriculum and course objectives to
facilitate coordination of subject matter areas in the district.
15. Gathers appropriate materials to facilitate curriculum innovation.
16. Keeps classroom attendance as required by procedures established by the School District.
17. Keep records of student programs, evaluations and grades.
18. Maintain a classroom climate conducive to learning.
19. Provides for proper storage and care of equipment, reports losses promptly and checks for and reports vandalism or theft.
20. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the working day as assigned by the
21. Administers group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
22. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
23. Participates in faculty meetings, committees meetings and other conferences established by the principal.
25. Responds to student personal problems by referral to school counseling and/or
26. Advises and counsels students concerning class work and educationally related problems.
27. Conform to Idaho’s “Code of Ethics” provision for teachers and in accordance with District Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.