Basin School District •Southwest / Boise •Elementary •Intermediate •Full Time •Posted 4M ago
About this job
Basin School District is a progressive district that harnesses its small size and flexibility to design and implement innovative programs for its students. The staff is highly collaborative and strives to stay current with effective educational practices. The school empowers students to be collaborative, innovative, critical thinkers and leaders in the community. Basin Elementary earned STEM Designation through the State of Idaho in 2022 and is committed to offering students authentic learning experiences that focus on critical thinking and problem-solving. We are seeking an innovative elementary teacher that is skilled in teaching reading and has a passion for STEM education, project-based learning, and the outdoors. If you are looking for a flexible, adaptive position where you can make a difference in a rural community, this is the position for you. You will wear many hats and gain valuable experience working with an energetic team of professionals that are committed to providing students with an authentic/engaging curriculum that will prepare them to be successful in tomorrow's world.
Qualifications: Idaho Teacher Certification (K-8)
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional Strategies
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of the staff
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect the understanding of the learning styles and needs of the students assigned.
3. Follow the state and national standards as appropriate.
4. Implement real-life applications into the curriculum.
5. Utilize project-based learning when appropriate.
6. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of eachstudent assigned.
7. Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
8. Use technology in the teaching/learning process. Student Growth and Development
9. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
10. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned.
11. Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of the school district.
12. Connect assessments to standards.Classroom Management and Organization
13. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, andemotional development of students.
14. Manage student behavior and administer discipline as appropriate.
15. Consult district and outside resource people regarding the education, social, medical, and personal needs of students and parents.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials as required.Communication
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required using Google Education Suite.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
25. Maintain confidentiality.
26. Other duties as assigned. Extra duties may be available.
The Basin School District uses the state salary schedule to calculate base salaries. Salary range $40,369 – $58,707 depending on education and experience. Leadership stipends and coaching assignments may be available for additional pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Basin School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.