American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Elementary •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
JOB GOAL: To create flexible elementary grade program and a class
environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. Provides learning experiences in reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
4. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
5. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
6. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.7. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory record.
8. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with District testing program.
9. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior, citizenship and sportsmanship.
10. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
11. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
12. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
14. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in compliance with the student’s due process.
15. Makes Provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to so under reasonable terms.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s), and evaluates their job performance.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
BS or BA Degree with standard certificate for the state of Idaho with Endorsement or equivalent
List can be provided upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.