Elementary Special Education Teacher & Director/Coordinator (K-12) Position
Project Impact STEM Academy •Southwest / Boise •Special Education •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 23D ago
About this job
Position SummaryThe Special Services Coordinator serves on the Pi STEM Leadership Team. The Special Services Coordinator is responsible for providing special services and ensuring compliance for all special service grants, reports, testing, and meetings to include: Special Education (IEP), Gifted & Talent (GT), 504 plan, & English Learners (EL). Plan and provide specialized instruction to Special Education (IEP) students.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Essential Job Functions:
Special Education (SpEd) Coordination & Instruction
● Provide research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
● Assess student progress and determine the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
● Employ various teaching techniques, methods, and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
● Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of the staff to develop and implement annual Individualized Education Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and special education and related services required to meet those goals.
● Schedule team meetings and work cooperatively with general education teachers and paraprofessionals to develop instructional goals and strategies.
● Conduct special education evaluations and reevaluations.
● Effectively communicate to parents and guardians the special services processes including the process for referrals, evaluations, annual IEPs, re-evaluations, and parental rights.
● Collaborate with support personnel (school psychologist & SLP) to create holistic intervention plans for Special Education students.
● Facilitate and ensure compliance in process and documentation for all IEPs, reports, testing protocols, and meetings.
● Collaborate with teachers to ensure appropriate implementation of student IEPs
● Provide direction, supervision, and evaluation of SpEd paraprofessionals.
● Assist in ensuring that services provided by contracted personnel are of high quality and are aligned with students’ IEPs plans and that their documentation is accurate and complete to ensure Medicaid compliance.
● Provide technical assistance and validate programmatic data for state and federal reporting, including child count, general file review, validation of Medicaid reports, Federal Monitoring audits, ISEE reports, EL reports, and annual Federal applications for funding, including Federal Special Education Grants.
● Develop and implement systems to identify students at risk for poor learning outcomes and collaborate with core teachers to ensure appropriate interventions are conducted in the area of academics and behavior through collaborative school-based MTSS/RTI, as it relates to. special education identification process, interventions, and child study meetings.
● Coordinate with the Executive Director to ensure collaborative planning and professional development between special education and the core teachers to support effective MTSS/RTI.
Preference Given to Candidates with:Masters or Higher in Related Area
Training and/or Experience with any Science of Reading programs, including Ortan Gillingham, LETRS, Heggerty, Logic of English, Reading Horizons, and others
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgJill Hettinger2275 W. Hubbard Rd.Kuna, Idaho 83634Phone: (208)949-1118
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Project Impact STEM Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.