Elementary Special Education Aid
Hansen School District •South Central / Twin Falls •Special Education •Intermediate •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
The Hansen School District is looking for an energetic person that is willing to provide students with daily educational and behavioral support that will provide the best possible academic knowledge and skills for the student. Someone to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education according to the guidelines outlined in each student’s Individual Education Plan.
The requirements are as follows:
• At least two years of college-level coursework, an Associate’s Degree in education or related field, or a rigorous standard of quality on a formal state or local assessment. In Idaho, the “rigorous formal state assessment” is the ParaPro Assessment offered by the Education Testing Service
• The ability to work with students with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities, ability to support students in one-on-one and in small group situations
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective behavioral methods
• Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
• Work well with students, staff, and the public
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work under deadlines
• Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
• Ability to lift up to fifty pounds and push and pull up to one hundred pounds
Please see the school district website for the application. Contact Daneille Heuvel at email@example.com for more information.
Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Hansen School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.