District Clerk/Business Manager
American Heritage Charter School •East Central / Idaho Falls •Administrator •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
American Heritage Charter School seeks a positive, team-oriented clerk/business manager. Located on the west side of Idaho Falls, American Heritage offers a free, rigorous and patriotic education in a friendly, small, and rural school setting.
Our mission is to create educated and patriotic leaders. Our students adhere to a strict code of conduct that includes a dress code. Our teachers use the Core Knowledge Curriculum, Math in Focus, and Shurley English to give our students a broad and well-rounded education. In addition, our students study a unique American Heritage curriculum that teaches character through Cowboy Ethics and Great Expectations and encourages good citizenship through patriotic service.
Visit www.americanheritagecharterschool.com to learn more, or stop by to visit us at 35th West and 17th South in Idaho Falls.
The position will provide support to the Administration; communicating information to students, parents, staff, and/or other districts; helping with financial, legal and administrative compliance; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents, teachers and staff. These duties include helping with reception/phone duties, mail, attendance, student/volunteer check-in/out, filing, copying, facilitating or setup for school events/activities, bookkeeping, and assisting the Executive Director on other projects as assigned.
• Greets all incoming visitors for the purpose of ensuring that guests sign in/out as required.
• Answers incoming phone calls and takes appropriate messages or refers the call to the appropriate staff.
• Pick up, sort, and deliver mail, and/or scan important documents for digital delivery.
• Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Performs record keeping and general clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or materials as needed.
• Assists in collecting funds for student events and activities (e.g. field trips, uniforms, ticket sales, yearbooks, dances, fundraisers, student fee money, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and timely completion of transactions.
• Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. calendars, meetings, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Coordinates a variety of programs and/or activities for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
• Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, police, probation department, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolutions.
• Administers first aid and prescription medications to students for the purpose of providing emergency or necessary care in accordance with district, state and federal requirements.
• Maintains a variety of computerized and manual records, files, and school databases (e.g. information packets, rosters/listings, calendars, outstanding supply orders, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reliable information and complying with AHCS, state and federal requirements.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
• Helps monitor assigned program activities (e.g. purchase orders, office machine operations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion in compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Orients new campus personnel regarding appropriate school practices (e.g. directions, building procedures, etc.) for the purpose of effectively training new staff.
• Helps oversee student aids/workers for the purpose of developing their office skills and ensuring their understanding of established policies and procedures.
• Prepares a wide variety of reports and written materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, newsletters, Parent Handbooks, bulletins, programs, financial statements, annual reports, master calendar, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information in accordance with district, state, federal and/or administrative requirements.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, newsletter, Parent Handbook, bulletins, reports, bank deposits, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Processes a variety of fiscal information (e.g. incoming invoices, purchase orders/requisitions, refund requests, special payment requests, student fees, cash receipts, AR invoicing, statements, etc.) for the purpose of updating information, transmitting information and/or complying with district, state and federal requirements.
• Processes documentation and materials (e.g. mail, supplies, registrations, collections, work orders, forms, field trip forms, receipts, bank deposits, student database updates, requisitions, travel requests, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties for action.
• Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among department and/or providing direction as may be required.
• Schedules various activities (e.g. meetings, testing arrangements, assemblies, special programs, referral appointments, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff needs and efficiently utilizing personnel, equipment and facilities.
• Supports Principal and other administrative personnel for the purpose of assisting with their administrative functions.
• Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
* Inputs data and information into PowerSchool and helps troubleshoot issues within the learning management system.
* Uses 2M to process payroll and accounts payable information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Heritage Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.