Director of Human Resources
Coeur d'Alene School District •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Administrator •Full Time •Posted 4M ago
About this job
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
COEUR D’ALENE SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB GOAL: Leads, manages, and supervises the activities of the Human Resources department; provides ongoing human resources management services; performs a variety of highly complex managerial functions; performs related work as required. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in human resources management, business administration, public administration, education or related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
• Current designation as Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) from SHRM and/or Education Administration credential preferred.
• Five years of increasingly responsible experience in human resources administration, and previous experience supervising and evaluating staff required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Experience with contract management, contract negotiations, and contract interpretation including establishing positive relationships with labor groups required.
• Knowledge of and experience with applicable laws, regulations, and emerging practices pertaining to assigned responsibilities, including current issues and trends in education and human resource activities.
• Knowledge of State of Idaho and federal regulations and policies regarding personnel matters and employment, civil rights, Title IX, student discipline.
• Knowledge of and experience with supervisory methods and practices in the areas leadership and instructional frameworks.
• Skills and ability in organization, time management, task prioritization and record keeping.
• Exemplary skills in written and oral language with the ability to communicate respectfully, clearly and concisely by telephone, in person, and in written form.
• Skills demonstrating high level of integrity, commitment, and work ethic.
• Ability to make effective presentations, produce high quality reports, draft policies and procedures, and product publications.
• Ability to apply diplomatic techniques in all district-related matters and maintain strict confidentiality in sensitive matters.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, administration and community in a variety of roles and positions.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and as a cabinet-level administrator.
• Ability to remain calm, flexible, and work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Additional Titles and Responsibilities:
• Acts as the District Title IX Officer
• Acts as the Equal Opportunity Officer for the District
• Acts as the District Compliance Officer
Please see the complete job description for the extensive list of knowledge, skills and abilities required.
This is an exempt, classified administration position working twelve (12) months.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain open until filled.
Please go to our website www.cdaschools.org (employment opportunities) to see complete job description and apply through our online application system.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Coeur d'Alene School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.