SUGAR-SALEM JOINT DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Custodian •Primary •Full Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
• To maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full educational use may be made at all times.
• Participates in cleaning and custodial activities such as mopping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors and furniture; washing windows; assembling, disassembling and moving furniture; sweeping and cleaning walks; removing snow in accordance with District policy; and otherwise keeping the equipment and premises in a clean and orderly condition. Also may assign, supervise and inspect the work of custodial personnel engaged in these tasks.
• Makes minor plumbing repairs to toilets, showers, basins, drains, and drinking fountains. Makes minor electrical repairs and replaces fuses, light bulbs, switches and outlets. Performs minor painting and carpentry tasks. Reports major repairs and maintenance work as needed. May be required to assist maintenance personnel on some repairs.
• Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality
Requirements / Qualifications:
• High School Diploma preferred.
• Physically capable of performing assigned tasks.
• Able to work with staff, students and the public.
• Capable of lifting up to 55 pounds.
• Previous experience preferred, but not mandatory.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and
Posting Date: 06/23/21
Closing Date: Open until filled
Application may be downloaded from the web at: www.sugarsalem.org Please attach your resume at the time your application is finalized and submitted to email@example.com Attachments can be either a MS Word document or a .pdf file (recommended).
Applications are also available at the District Office: 105 West Center, P.O. Box 150, Sugar City, ID 83448
Applications need to be emailed to Ben Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SUGAR-SALEM JOINT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.