American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Custodian •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 8/21/2021•Posted 7D ago
About this job
JOB GOAL: To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
1. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play area neat and clean at all times.
2. Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
3. Shovels, plows, and/or sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate.
4. Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
5. Raises the United States flag at or before 8 a.m. on each school day, and lowers it at or after 3:30 p.m.
6. Sweeps classrooms daily and dusts furniture.
7. Cleans corridors after school each day and during the day when their condition require it.
8. Scrubs, hoses down, and disinfects toilet floors daily, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
9. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary.
10. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
11. Performs such yard keeping chores as grass cutting, tree trimming, and the like, as necessary, to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
12. Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
13. Cleans all chalkboards at least once a week.
14. Makes building repairs as necessary.
15. Reports major repairs needed promptly to the principal.
16. Maintains on a regular schedule all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled service.
17. Reports immediately to the principal any damage to school property.
18. Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his/her attendance required by the principal.
19. Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
20. Keeps an inventory of supplies, equipment, and fuel on hand, and requisitions such needed replacements from the principal far enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as will not hinder the custodian in his/her duties.
21. Conducts on on-going program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
22. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the principal.
23. Compiles with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
24. Conducts periodic inspections and tests of all electrical installations in the school to insure their safe condition.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D. or the equivalent
2. Training and/or experience in building care and maintenance desired
3. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Available Upon Request