Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Custodian •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 30D ago
About this job
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Administrator, Building Head Custodian, Custodial Supervisor, and/or Director of Building & Grounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Works on-site according to designated schedule
Maintains attractive, sanitary, and safe District buildings and facilities for students, staff, and the public and minimizes damage, loss, and liability exposure in District buildings and facilities.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. For safety purposes, must be able to read, speak, and understand English. Ability to use standard District technology required. Any equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Cleans assigned District facilities (i.e., classrooms, offices, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, corridors, carpets, windows, walls, restrooms, bleachers, stage, locker rooms, etc.).
* Receives and takes direction from building administrator, head custodian and custodial manager relating to immediate and long-term tasks and projects.
* Prepares facility for daily operations as required (i.e., unlocking building access doors, raising flags, removing ice and snow, sanding walkways, etc.).
* Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems for the purpose of providing temperatures appropriate to the season and ensuring economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity and changes HVAC filters.
* Distributes and replenishes supplies and equipment (i.e., soap dispensers, towel/toilet paper dispensers, packages, furniture, TV/VCR carts, etc.).
* Makes minor repairs, such as to furniture and equipment (i.e., changing light bulbs, unclogging drains, sinks, toilets, painting, etc.).
* Inspects District facilities to ensure safe operations and attractive and sanitary conditions.
* Identifies and immediately reports to the Head Custodian or Custodial Supervisor any damage to District facilities, emergency situations, safety issues, and major repairs due to vandalism, equipment breakage, weather conditions, etc.
* Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and equipment and informs the Head Building Custodian or Custodial Supervisor of any needed replacements.
* Assists visiting public utilizing the facilities with directions and obtaining and setting up needed equipment.
* Assists in seasonal grounds work (i.e., snow removal, ice mitigation, lawn care).
* Maintains security in the building and responds to safety and/or operational concerns (e.g., facility damage, injured and ill students, unauthorized persons, alarms, etc.).
* Unlocks rooms, moves/arranges furnishings, and assists in set-up of (audio-visual) equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities, and special events.
* Maintains accurate and current maintenance records.
* Secures facilities and grounds after business hours (i.e., lock doors, turn off lights, take down flags, etc.). May occasionally be required to report to work during off-duty time; in the event of District buildings and grounds related emergencies (i.e., flood, broken pipes, vandalism, unsafe conditions due to inclement weather, etc.), the Custodial Manager may ask for volunteers and assign staff if inadequate coverage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions, furnished in a variety of formats, not limited to safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, in one-on-one and small group situations to staff, tenants, building users and the general public. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to work in a professional and friendly manner and maintain self-motivation and a positive attitude. Ability to adapt to work independently/without supervision. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws. Skill to use district technology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed indoors and outdoors with moderate to loud noise levels. Indoor classroom/school building exposures include cleaning chemicals, student noise and music, odors of food and science projects, possible communicable diseases, or unruly students. Outdoor schoolyard and grounds exposures include variable temperatures and weather conditions (including snow and ice), dust, pesticides, and smoke (seasonally). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, crawl, balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; use hands to grasp, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$19.32/hr - $28.97/hr DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.