Glenns Ferry School District •South Central / Twin Falls •Custodian •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 7/30/2021•Posted 10D ago
About this job
JOB SUMMARY: Performs daily and long term maintenance and care of buildings and grounds.
Demonstrated ability to accomplish the major duties and
responsibilities listed below
Ability to work well with others
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform such school-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
2. Operate and care for a variety of equipment including vacuum cleaners, buffers, shampooers, floor scrubbers, ladders, etc.
3. Sweep, vacuum, mop, strip and buff floors.
4. Dust, wash, wax, and polish furniture and woodwork. Clean blackboards, whiteboards, and chalk trays.
5. Wash windows, blinds, walls and doors.
6. Empty and clean inside and outside waste receptacles.
7. Clean restrooms, drinking fountains, and all plumbing fixtures.
8. Load and unload furniture, materials, supplies, etc.
9. Set up meeting rooms.
10. Perform general light duty maintenance work on buildings and grounds.
11. Report potential safety and health problems to supervisor.
12. Complete records and reports as required.
13. Open and secure buildings as required.
14. Know and follow district policy and chain of command.
15. Observe the rules of the school and principal.
16. Deal with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive, encouraging manner.
17. Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will.” The employment period and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as the employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the person to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s) and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations, and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said District’s rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee at the building principal’s office, the high school library, and the district-wide administration office.
The employment period shall be 8.5 hours per day four days per week (M-TH) for 216 days of the 2020-21 school year with leave as specified in the Classified Employee Handbook and the Glenns Ferry School District Policy Manual. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved wage scale.
Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the superintendent or his/her designee in conformance with District policy and procedure.
high school diploma
able to work on your own without supervision
valid driver's license
$11.00 per hour at 8.5 hours per day
4 day work week (M-TH)
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Glenns Ferry School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.