Classified IDLA Site Coordinator
Notus School District 135 •Southwest / Boise •Support Staff •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 18D ago
About this job
Job Description: Classified IDLA Site Coordinator Supervisor: High School Building Principal
Job Summary: Assists the IDLA Certified Site Coordinator in general daily activities and student supervision inside the classroom. May assist office staff in their duties.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
● Required minimum - 1 year experience with IDLA program as instructor, proctor, or previous coordinator experience.
● Recommended Minimum - 3 years experience with IDLA program as instructor, proctor, or previous coordinator experience.
● Required Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience with children preferred.
● Recommended Minimum of Associates of Arts or equivalent college/university credits.
● Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
● Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to students, and other employees of the district.
● Ability to support various content in IDLA coursework
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Ability to work in a professional manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
● Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable laws.
● Possesses computer skills necessary for this position.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff and students.
● Participate in IDLA Professional Development opportunities
● Supervise IDLA enrolled students in classroom, maintaining discipline and other functions;
● Motivate students to log in and complete assignments;
● Assists with monitoring students progress and proctor student final exams;
● Assists with the setup and enrollment of students into IDLA classes for specialized instructional units;
● Handles related clerical functions with the school team, regarding student assessment, classwork, grades and attendance;
● Maintain data documentation and provide on a weekly basis to school team/staff;
● Operates standard school equipment such as laminator, copier, etc.;
● May escort children to and from various rooms and provide lunchroom, hallway, parking lot, and/or crosswalk supervision;
● Participate in IDLA and NSD Professional Development opportunities;
● Other Duties as Assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and reach overhead. While performing the duties of this job, the employee stands and talks and sometimes walks and sits. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well being, or work output of other people. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Schedule, Salary and Benefits:
● Schedule is an 8-hour day based on the calendar provided by the district for working the days students are in attendance plus some professional development days.
● Salary is based on the Classified Salary Schedule approved by the Board for the current Fiscal Year, including hourly wage placement on approved schedule and additional responsibility stipend.
● Comprehensive benefit package for full time employees working more than 20 hours per week.
● Six month Probationary Period
● This position is an ‘at will’ position in which an employee may be dismissed without having to establish “just cause”.
● Annual evaluation by the Principal with input from Certified IDLA Site Coordinator
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Notus School District 135 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.