Child Nutrition Program Director
Notus School District 135 •Southwest / Boise •Food Service •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Responsible for all aspects of food production in the District, keeping within sanitation, food cost, and scheduling guidelines while maintaining the standards set by the Canyon County School Lunch Program. These standards include the National School Lunch Guidelines, Rules and Regulations Governing Food Sanitation Standards for Food Establishments (UNICODE), fiscal management and the Canyon County Policy Manual.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES** Other duties may be assigned.
* Attends scheduled managers meetings, inservice training and other approved courses or conferences required for the position for further education and self development.
* Plans, directs, and assists in food preparation, serving, and cleanup while maintaining sanitation in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of Food Sanitation Standards for Food Establishments (UNICODE).
* Directs and maintains an effective safety program including equipment safety checks and communicates recommended changes/repairs to Building Supervisor.
* Participates in menu planning and supervises the implementation of all menus.
* Participates in the planning and implementation of marketing the school lunch program.
* Prepares weekly orders for food and supplies according to established procedure. Makes recommendations for the purchase of food products, chemicals, and paper goods small and large equipment.
* Understands and maintains accurate records of meal counts for Federal Reimbursement, daily ticket sales, daily cash receipts.
* Understand and adhere to all State and Federal regulations pertaining to the Child Nutrition Program.
* Responsible for routine handling of invoices, weekly paperwork, monthly payroll, and monthly inventory reports.
* Responsible for the confidentiality of all students participating in the free/reduced priced meal program.
* Responsible for training new kitchen staff.
* Plans work schedules, arranges for subs when required, maintains employee time records, communicates school lunch policies, and conducts performance evaluations in conjunction with the Notus School District Standards.
* Responsible for the receipt of all deliveries to the kitchen and maintains a system to store, secure, inspect, and control inventory.
* Responsible for determining if an ingredient or finished product meets the standard of quality.
* Acts as a liaison between the school staff and the Food Service Department.
**Supervises cooks and servers.
To apply, candidates must submit a letter of interest along with a current resume and a completed application.
Applications will be accepted as follows:
- by email: email@example.com
- by fax: (208) 453-1027
- by mail: Notus School District 135
Attn: Michelle Mathews
25257 Notus Road
Caldwell, ID 83607
- or, drop by the District Office. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.
High School Graduate.
Previous experience with quantity food preparation and service.
Must have a current Food Safety Certificate
Knowledge of Nutrikids menu planning
Knowledge of CACFP, SFSP, and ASS
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the district.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Strong mathematical and bookkeeping skills essential.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable laws.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently walks and continuously stands.
The employee frequently bends or twists at the neck and truck while performing the duties of this job.
The employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms and repeats the same hand/arm/finger motion many times such as in portioning and serving food.
The employee occasionally climbs or balances and stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls.
The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds such as food staples.
The employee occasionally works in temperatures above 100 and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces.
Salary based on education and experience.
Comprehensive benefit package
Six month probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Notus School District 135 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.