Child Nutrition Cafeteria Cook
Caldwell School District •Southwest / Boise •Food Service •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
ALL CANDIDATES WHO WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION MUST COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION ON THE EMPLOYMENT WEB PAGE AT www.caldwellschools.org. See site for full job description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Work experience in a restaurant, hotel or a similar food service setting and/or demonstrate an aptitude for the work to be performed, and/or have been a substitute cook.
3. Personality conducive to positive public relations work with students, staff, administrators and patrons.
4. Physically able to perform assigned duties.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
To serve the students and staff nutritious and attractive meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and warmth.
This is a full-time position during the school year with summer break during June and July.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the preparation and serving of food in accordance with the instructions of the Kitchen Manager.
2. Has or develops skills to prepare all menu items on individual serving lines as assigned.
3. Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen according to the guidelines established by U.S.D.A. and the Food Services Supervisor.
4. Uses proper procedures with receiving and storage of groceries and kitchen supplies. All deliveries must be checked in, properly stored in storage area; helps rotate, organize and utilize all supplies.
5. Maintains a good working relationship with parents, students, teachers and principal(s) in all aspects of school food service.
6. Has or develops computer skills to operate computer software that is in use in each kitchen. Operates serving line terminal with accuracy regarding reimbursable meals and money collected.
7. Maintains a healthy atmosphere with all fellow employees. Communicates effectively with other employees, creating productivity and satisfaction in the workplace. Follow Food Service Dress Code Policy.
8. Reports to the Kitchen Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
9. Assists in the daily cleaning and sanitation of kitchen, equipment, dishes and utensils.
10. Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
NOTES: All employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
High School Diploma or GED
Pay: $10.08 - $14.59 per hourMedical InsuranceDental InsuranceVision InsuranceLife InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Caldwell School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.