CP/DP Language B French Instructor
Sage International Network of Schools •Southwest / Boise •Classroom Teacher •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 3D ago
About this job
Location: Sage Boise
Position: Certified- Full Time
Calendar: 2023-2024 academic year
Sage International School - a public school of choice - is seeking applicants to fill a FULL-TIME 11th/12th grade IB Language B French instructor for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Successful candidates will be certified to teach in public schools, either in Idaho or in another state with a willingness to transfer certification to Idaho, or eligible for the Idaho Public Charter School-Specific Teacher Certificate. Professionals who have a French Language Instruction endorsement will be preferred for this position. Further, professionals with International Baccalaureate experience, specifically the Diploma Programme, will be preferred. This position requires a professional who is innovative, creative, and has the capacity to enhance the existing programme.
The position of Language B French Instructor at Sage requires that the successful candidate be expected to:
• Demonstrate a high level of fluency with the French language in spoken, written and aural settings.
• Be qualified to instruct all levels (IB Ab Initio, IB Standard Level) of French language proficiency over the course of two years.
• Prepare students for the IB Language B exams in year two of the course by developing competencies in productive, receptive, cultural and interpretive modes of communication.
• Create or modify existing thematic unit plans based on the five world language themes:
o Social Organization
o Sharing the Planet
o Human Ingenuity
• Use authentic materials and resources as a means of instruction.
• Prepare students for the full range of internally and externally assessed components of IB Language B French courses in the 11th and 12th Grades.
• Work with the Diploma Programme Coordinator to place students into the appropriate level of French for their IB exams.
• Collaborate with K-12 French teachers.
• Collaborate with colleagues who teach in the Diploma and Career-related Programmes.
• Participate in student enrichment activities that take place throughout the school year.
• Successfully complete IB Workshop trainings.• Demonstrate the IB Learner Profile attributes of Knowledgeable, Balanced, Thinker, Reflective, Communicator, Risk-Taker, Inquirer, Caring, Principled and Open-Minded.
• Have a genuine love of working with high school aged students and an enduring interest in teaching, learning and student engagement.Salary and benefits package depending upon experience.
Please review this information on the Sage International website to ensure a good fit of interest and educational philosophy.
● Certified Application (apply at website)
● Cover Letter & Resume
● Copy of Official Transcript(s)
● Copy of current Teaching Certificate(s) or date Certification will be obtained.
Please apply at our website and attach or email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE:All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Sage International Network of Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.