Business Manager/Board Clerk
Mackay School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Accounting/Bookkeeping •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 5D ago
About this job
Classified Job Description Business Manager/Clerk of the Board
Under general supervision of the Superintendent and Board of Trustees, manage the business operations of the School District.
Twelve month position working four days per week plus necessary board meetings. Employee shall receive annually sick and vacation leave according to the adopted district leave policy.
Examples of Duties
I. Ensure that the accounting procedures within the school system meet all federal, state and local requirements.
2. Develop all District financial reporting, including but not limited to monthly Board financial reports, monthly distribution of financial reports to administrators and department managers and any financial reports required by the State of ldaho.
3. In collaboration with the District Administrator/Payroll Manager-Treasurer/Building Principals, develop, implement and oversee the annual school district budget.
4. Oversee the collection of all revenues, monitor the cash flow of all District funds and invest excess funds in accordance with Board policy and state statues.
5. Manage unemployment, health and life insurance, PERSI, workman's compensation issues for employees and associated reports.
6. Maintain all confidential and personnel files.
7. Assist with orientation of personnel by providing principals with paperwork and employment packets.
8. In collaboration with the Food Services Supervisor, monitor the school food services program, including purchasing, filing appropriate federal and state reports, personnel supervision, and collection of revenue.
9. Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees, unless excused by the chairperson.
I 0. Assure that all financial, enrollment, food service and state/federal grant audits are conducted as required by state and federal regulations.
11. Maintain confidentiality regarding personnel, district and student information.
12. Receive and screen a variety of visitors and telephone calls during prescribed office hours.
13. Serve as Clerk of the Board of Trustees, arrange and post schedules for all meetings, accomplish correspondence as directed, attend all Board meetings and take/publish meeting minutes.
14. Send out all pre-board meeting information (i.e. agenda, informational items, financial report as prepared, etc.) one week prior to the meeting.
15. Document and follow up on all Board action items with designated personnel.
16. Maintain and update district policies as directed.
17. Prepare accounts payable checks. Maintain a purchasing system that assures optimum use of District resources and updates the purchase order system with current encumbrances. Present invoices on a weekly/daily basis to Business Manager for review/signature.
18. Deposit and receipt all funds coming into the district and present to Treasurer for entry in to 2M.
19. Reconcile bank statements.
20. Review payroll prior to transmittal. Co-sign payroll checks with prescribed Board member.
21. Train and serve as backup for the tech coordinator for ISEE transmittal.
22. Prepare for and monitor elections and coordinate with both counties for all required legal advertising.
23. Prepare board documents relating to teacher negotiations, keep minutes of negotiation meetings and maintain/update Master Agreement document with agreed upon changes annually.
24. Prepare and submit annual school calendar to board and state.
25. Prepare, distribute and submit the PL874 forms and reports.
26. Receive and screen a variety of visitors and telephone calls during prescribed office hours.
27. Provide clerical assistance to the Superintendent as directed
28. Other duties as prescribed by the District Administrator.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Mackay School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.