Board Clerk/Administrative Assistant
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Support Staff •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 7M ago
About this job
1. Be appointed by the School District’s Board of Trustees and have such duties as the Board shall prescribe.
2. Support the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
3. Coordinate materials for distribution and/or to support the needs of the Board of Trustees and the Board’s related activities.
4. Appropriately post regular and special meeting notices of the Board of Trustees and attend all official meetings, public hearings, and work sessions of the Board of Trustees. Ensure that the records of such proceedings are kept as required by law and by the Board of Trustees.
5. Assist with the regular review, revision, and dissemination of Board Policy as the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees direct.
6. Maintain the records of the Board of Trustees and keep the records open to inspection by any person, at all reasonable times.
7. Maintain manual and electronic documents, files and/or records for the purpose of providing up-to date reference and audit trail for compliance with District, local, state, and federal regulations.
8. Compile data from a wide variety of diversified sources (e.g., agenda items, materials submitted by other departments or staff members, incoming mail and documents, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations and/or preparing information for the Superintendent, Board of Trustees, assigned administrator or department supervisor.
9. Compose a wide variety of written materials such as draft and final correspondence, publications, agendas, minutes, Board of Trustees’ reports, etc., for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
10. Assist in monitoring assigned District activities and/or program components for the purpose of achieving District objectives, meeting target dates and complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
11. Serve as the liaison to the County Clerks for Benewah and Shoshone Counties to support all District elections that are managed at the County levels.
12. Organize activities for the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees, including but not limited to, meetings, hearings, presenters, travel/accommodations, etc., for the purpose of completing projects and/or delivering services in compliance with established guidelines.
13. Support the Superintendent and Board of Trustees in responding to a wide variety of inquiries, concerns, and/or complaints for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
14. Schedule activities such as meetings, travel arrangements, facilities usage, etc., for the purpose of meeting staff needs and efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, and facilities.
15. Maintain orderly records and distribute the same, as appropriate, including but not limited to:
a. Advertise certified and classified employment opportunities that occur within the District as Board Policy dictates;
b. Student records (Open Enrollment, Expulsion Hearings, Random Drug Testing, etc.);
c. Staff records (background records checks, personnel files, master job descriptions, workmen’s compensation claims, etc.);
d. District Rental Properties;
e. District Volunteer records; and
f. Other such records and reports as required.
16. Follow all directions of the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees.
17. Perform routine office practices and procedures associated with a busy and productive school office.
18. Support the needs of students, parents, staff, and visitors in a timely, positive, and friendly manner.
19. Receive and route all telephone calls, e-mail, fax transmissions, text messages, and electronic communications as appropriate.
20. File correspondence, invoices, cards, and all other records in the prescribed manner.
21. Effectively communicate all issues with the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees.
22. Possess sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to move about and accomplish tasks that require standing or sitting for long periods of time in the school office environment.
23. Possess sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to operate all school office equipment, to ensure the proper and safe support for the school’s staff and students.
24. Perform job tasks that require repetitive motions in fingering and hand/wrist/arm movements. Occasional job-related tasks may require, with or without reasonable accommodations, lifting up to 35 pounds, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, pushing, grasping, and reaching.
25. Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including but not limited to, handling interruptions, and returning to and completing tasks in a timely manner.
26. Work independently and with a team to maintain a clean, appropriate, and friendly work environment.
27. Interact with students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration effectively and professionally.
28. Follow oral and written instructions and observe District, State, and federal policies and procedures.
29. Follow all Board-approved policies, safety rules, and regulations.
30. Attend in-services and training sessions.
31. Respect and practice confidentiality both in and out of school with regard to records, activities, and communications relating to all students, parents/guardians, and staff.
32. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.