Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Paraprofessional / IA •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
TITLE: Bilingual Paraprofessional
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 173-175 days per year depending on assignment. Works on-site according to designated schedule.
Assists the teacher in general daily classroom activities and student supervision inside and outside of the classroom. May perform clerical and other duties.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be bilingual/biliterate in Spanish and English; possessing very strong oral and written skills in both languages. Must meet the requirements established in Federal Regulations, currently, two years of college coursework, or pass the Paraprofessional Assessment. Will be required to meet Level I Paraprofessional Standards prior to first day of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Provides Spanish/English interpretation and translation services to assist in communication between School District personnel and Spanish speaking students and parents.
* Assists in small group pupil instructions; tutor's students at the teacher's request.
* Assists with setup of classroom and prepares materials for specialized instructional units.
* Assists teacher in maintaining discipline and other functions.
* May assist teachers with attendance reports and related clerical functions.
* Assists in assembling/hanging materials on bulletin boards and keeping displays current.
* Works with individuals and small groups of children (i.e. classroom drill).
* Translates written materials from English to Spanish as requested.
* Escorts children to and from various rooms and supervises children both inside and outside of the building (i.e. classroom, playground, lunchroom, bus loading area supervision, etc.).
* Operates various school equipment such as computers, laminators, copiers, audiovisual, etc.
* May assist school food services with meal sales, serving food in an efficient and sanitary manner, and educating students on food nutrition guidelines/making healthy food choices.
* May assist office staff in performing clerical duties.
* May assist in the administration of basic first aid.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 35% sitting, 30% walking, and 35% standing. While most duties are performed indoors, the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.