Behavior Intervention Specialist or Professional
Melba School District •Southwest / Boise •Behavior Specialist / EBD •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Assists the classroom teacher and/or special education teacher in achieving the goals and objectives as stated on each child’s current Individual Education Plan (IEP) through individual, small group, or whole group instruction. 80% or more of the day is focused on de-escalation of behaviors and providing positive behavior supports.
1. Meet the requirements based on the qualification worksheet (Form located on District website or in the District Office)
2. Previous aide or teaching experience preferred
3. Ability to lift up to forty pounds and push and pull up to one hundred pounds
4. Knowledge of child growth and the diverse needs of children with disabilities
5. Knowledge of appropriate special education classroom practices
6. The ability to work with students with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities
7. Ability to instruct students one-on-one and small group situations, at the direction of the Special Education Teacher
8. Strong background in teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
9. Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter and effective teaching methods
10. Knowledgeable about word processing, data bases, spread sheets, and reports
11. Ability to maintain a learning environment
12. Works well with students, staff, and the public
13. Excellent organizational skills
14. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
15. Able to work under pressure and deadlines
16. Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
• District Application
Please contact the Melba School District Office at 208-495-1141 Ext. 1086 for an application or visit the school web site at www.MSD136.org.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled. The District reserves the right to fill the position with the most qualified applicant at any time
The Melba School District offers Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with low copay to add dependents. There is also Life Insurance and Long Term Disability along with PERSI Retirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Melba School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.