BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION PARAPROFESSIONAL
Rolling Hills Public Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Behavior Specialist / EBD •Primary •Full Time •Apply no later than 8/17/2022•Posted 17D ago
About this job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.2. Applicant must have 32 college credits OR ETS Para Assessment Test with a passing score of 460 or higher.3. Evidence of emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved.4. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.5. Ability to work with staff, students, parents and the public.6. Able to work one-on-one with students.7. Understand Medicaid note taking and billing procedures as directed by the Director of Special Education.8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.Other Duties and Responsibilities:Performs all other duties as assigned.Reports to: Director of Special EducationTara HandyPlease send a resume to:Tara Handy, Special Education Directoremail: email@example.comMail: 8900 N. Horseshoe Bend Rd.Boise, Idaho 83714Phone: 208-939-5400https://www.rhpcs.org/apps/jobs/
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.2. Applicant must have 32 college credits OR ETS Para Assessment Test with a passing score of 460 or higher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists student in individual and small group instruction upon teacher’s request.
2. Assists student in moving from one activity to another using techniques and strategies presented by the school-based team.
3. Participates in training/planning meetings with student’s school-based team.
4. Observes and utilizes techniques and strategies used by special education teacher(s) and therapist(s).
5. Assists in playground, lunchroom, field trips and classroom supervision of students.
6. Maintains the same high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully certified teachers.
7. Builds trust and confidence with student.
8. Maintains calm, quiet, and consistent manner when working with student.
9. Assists in data collection as prescribed by school-based team based upon IEP goals.
10. Follows appropriated protocol when reporting student incidents/behavior to immediate supervisor.
11. Has regular and predictable attendance.
17.00-25.00 depending on experience and qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Rolling Hills Public Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.