BAND, CHOIR, DRAMA TEACHER KELLOGG MIDDLE SCHOOL
Kellogg School District •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Music •Middle •Full Time •Posted 3D ago
About this job
TITLE: CERTIFICATED PERSONNEL –
BAND, CHOIR, DRAMA TEACHER
KELLOGG MIDDLE SCHOOL
QUALIFICATIONS: Idaho standard teaching certificate K-8
or possessing certification to teach above listed subjects
Demonstrated professional competency
Suitability for the position
Compatibility with school district philosophy
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
1. Personal Characteristics
1. The teacher is concerned with the effect of his/her total person on his/her pupils, the school, and the community.
2. The teacher meets standards for appearance, voice, tactfulness, tolerance, ethical and moral standards, poise, sense of humor, and relationship with students.
2. Teacher-Staff Relationships
1. The teacher is able to work collegially with others on staff.
2. The teacher is a positive influence on the morale and well-being of the staff.
3. The teacher is professional and discreet in his/her discussions of the school district, other employees, and pupils.
3. Classroom Control and Management
1. The teacher makes effective use of time and facilities.
2. The teacher organizes classroom time and materials and maintains student interest.
3. The teacher recognizes the differences among individual pupils and provides for each pupil.
4. The teacher develops and implements a classroom management plan.
4. Instruction and Guidance Skills
1. The teacher provides learning opportunities for all students through planning, stimulating activities, and frequent evaluation.
2. The teacher develops a flexible methodology that is based on a sound learning theory and prevailing conditions.
5. General School Services
1. The teacher participates in selection of developmental materials and curriculum with relationship to subject matter.
2. The teacher is accurate and punctual in completing necessary reports and records and complies with reasonable rules and requests.
3. The teacher accepts a share of responsibility of extra-curricular activities as assigned.
4. The teacher takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
5. The teacher participates in the development and support of the District goals, objectives, and procedures.
6. Professional Preparation and Growth
1. The teacher seeks to improve his/her performance through study, observations, and experimentation.
2. The teacher is receptive to new ideas and methods.
3. The teacher continues to further his/her education through college courses and attends workshops and in-service training to improve his/her competency as a teacher.
4. The teacher participates cooperatively in the supervision/evaluation process.
7. Teacher-Community Relationships
1. The teacher strives to interpret the District’s objectives, program, and policies to parents and the community.
2. The teacher takes advantage of opportunities to develop positive public relations and recognizes successful pupils and appreciative parents as the best avenues for developing favorable community relations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days with additional activity stipends available.
EVALUATION: Formal classroom observation and formal evaluation
by supervisor as outlined in the procedures
APPROVED BY: BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Kellogg School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.