Assistant Middle School Principal
TETON COUNTY DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Administrator •Middle •Full Time •Posted 11D ago
About this job
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL, MIDDLE SCHOOL
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL, MIDDLE SCHOOL
REPORTS TO: Principal
1. The Assistant Principal is an educational leader of the school and will assist in ensuring that the school academic and co-curricular programs are implemented in order to maximize teacher instruction and student learning experiences.
2. Shares in the responsibility of the orderly operation of the school.
1. Master’s Degree
2. Appropriate certification for administration
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable
1. Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
2. Assists in the planning, development, organization, coordination, and supervision of instructional programs and activities, which include curriculum development, program and activity development, and progression toward implementing the state competency standards.
3. Assists in the process of identifying student needs in the general student population as well as student needs, inclusive of the special education population and the gifted and talented program. Collaborates with parents, teachers and administrators in providing this process.
4. Supervises conduct within the school and oversees all discipline procedures, keeping records of any disciplinary action. Performs follow-up communication to students’ parents, teachers, and principal as needed.
5. Assists in the preparation of teacher and student handbooks.
6. Administers school rules regarding attendance.
7 Assists in the supervision of co-curricular activities.
8. Assists with the observation and evaluation of certified and classified personnel.
9. Works collaboratively with the Professional Development Committee to ascertain high school in service needs, and assists with the planning and organization of appropriate classes to meet those needs.
10. Utilizes technology in effective ways for data collection and interpretation in the areas of academics, attendance and discipline, assists the process in providing teachers with the appropriate integration of technology in the classroom.
11. Provides input in district-wide strategic planning, participating in the process as well as the implementation.
12. Assists the principal and the counseling office in preparing the master schedule, utilizing data to meet the curricular needs of the students.
13. Assists the Student Council Advisor in coordinating student activities.
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Principal.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
TETON COUNTY DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.