Alternate School Teacher All Subjects
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Middle Grades •Middle •Full Time •Apply no later than 8/22/2022•Posted 4M ago
About this job
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by State Certification requirements.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: In order to implement the instructional program of the district the teacher shall carry out the following performance tasks:
1. Be knowledgeable of, and uphold all policies pertaining to teachers and students as specified in district rules and regulations.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter competencies and/or skills to be presented to students.
3. Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students to the extent possible.
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students within tile limits of resources provided by the district.
5. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishing clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects and communicate these objectives to students. Upon request of the immediate supervisor, show written evidence of preparation.
6. Use instructional materials adopted by the district and employ methods that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
7. Evaluate student progress on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
9. Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
10. Accept responsibility for extra-curricular activities and other duties as may be assigned to meet the needs of students.
11. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication and cooperative relations with the administration, students, parents and colleagues.
12. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees to plan instructional goals, objectives and methods; assist in selection of instructional equipment and materials.
13. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
1. Certification from State of Idaho with endorsement or equivalent
Salary dependent on education and experience
Benefit List is available upon Request