Administrative Assistant - Technology
Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Secretary •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Technology
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Technology Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Works on-site according to designated schedule
Performs administrative and secretarial support necessary to accomplish objectives established by the assigned supervisor. Acts as a liaison between the school and community, principal, parents, staff, and students and performs daily tasks related to the assigned department.
High school Diploma or equivalent required. One (1) or more years of secretarial or office and computer experience preferred. Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred. May be required to possess and maintain a valid Idaho driver's license. Must possess strong organizational, problem solving, and computer application skills along with attention to detail and flexibility. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Assists in general administrative operations and responsibilities as assigned.
* Acts as receptionist, answers telephone, greets visitors, receives inquiries and provides information, and coordinates incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
* Orders, processes, distributes, and authorizes payment for office materials, instructional supplies, and equipment, inputs data, and maintains school operating budget.
* Acts as a resource to students, staff and the public.
* Responds to inquiries and relays information to the staff and public in a positive and proficient manner.
* Utilizes good listening and communication skills.
* Reports to work punctually and on a regular basis.
* Maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
* Performs data entry and clerical duties.
* Assists various office personnel as requested.
* Possesses computer, bookkeeping, and organizational skills necessary for this position.
* Prepares various documents, reports, correspondence, memos, forms, bids, advertisements, public notices, etc. for the assigned department.
* Operates and maintains various school equipment such as computers, copiers, fax machines, etc.
* Assists in the administration of basic first aid, when necessary.
* Coordinated building maintenance as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws. Skill in organization, problem solving, and computer application along with attention to detail and flexibility. Skill in excellent communication, listening, and personal presentation. Ability to prioritize work assignments as well as be flexible to accommodate the constantly changing demands of the office. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed primarily indoors, though the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, crawl, balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$22.70 - $34.04 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.