Administrative Assistant - Hollister Elementary
FILER DISTRICT •South Central / Twin Falls •Secretary •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Filer School District is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant for Hollister Elementary School for the 2021-2022 school year. The salary is according to the negotiated salary schedule. This position will be open until filled. To apply and be considered for an interview, you must fill out a classified application available at www.filer.k12.id.us, a resume and three letters of reference and submit to Filer School District, 700 B. Stevens, Filer, ID 83328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Working knowledge of basic office procedures and operation of standard office equipment and machines.
2. Proficient in typing and computer skills.
3. Ability to meet and deal effectively with the public, students, and staff.
4. High school graduate.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Two years of college level secretarial training.
2. Two years experience as a working secretary.
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains school records and files that are required
2. Performs attendance duties such as maintaining period/daily attendance in the computer. Attempts to contact parent on unverified student absences.
3. Updates student grading files, report cards, and progress reports.
4. Keeps a daily record of total students enrolled by grade.
5. Files related reports on attendance with the District office and State.
6. Processes new students and associated records.
7. Assists other secretaries as directed.
8. Performs general secretarial duties for the principal, assistant principal, and counselors.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as the employment continues.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
FILER DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.