21st CCLC Director/Lead Afterschool Program Teacher
Kendrick Joint School District 283 •North Central / Lewiston •After School Programs •Primary •Full Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
The 21st CCLC after school programs director is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the 21st CCLC after school programs. The director leads the development of 21st CCLC related grant applications, submits state and federal reports, and prepares and monitors the 21st CCLC budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Establishes and supervises after school learning center and summer program following 21st CCLC grant guidelines to offer supplemental academic supported instruction for struggling students. All programs offer academic enrichment activities and service, STEAM, project-based learning, physical activities, and family engagement activities.
• Encourage the academic, social, and emotional growth of all children in their care, which will include children ranging from K-6th grades.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community partners to maintain shared collaborative goals in the after school programs. Maintains clear communication and expectations through the 21st CCLC grant guidelines.
• Hires and evaluates all after school and summer program employees with input from the school principal. Provides professional development and support for all after school staff.
• Works with the district’s Transportation Department to coordinate transportation for the after school program.
• Works with the district’s Nutrition Services Department to coordinate food programs for the after school program.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of current laws, rules, and regulations regarding 21st CCLC grant funded programs. Tracks all information needed for federal and state reports including financial information, program enrollment and participation information, program details, and evaluation.
• Prepares and submits all 21st CCLC related grant reports and budget revisions in a timely manner. Monitors all 21st CCLC school site related reports and budget expenditures accordingly.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by 21st CCLC.
• Must possess a bachelor’s degree – education preferred
• Experience working with children
• Experience in grant administration preferred
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of 21st Century Community Learning Center Programs.
• Knowledge of fiscal management practices and procedures.
• Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
• Must be able to manage confidential information.
• Full time; 40 hours a week
• Salary DOE
• Full benefits, including PERSI
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Kendrick Joint School District 283 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.